These are a great pancake recipe, light and fluffy due to the egg whites and very easy to make. They make an ideal breakfast or meal after a tough training session.
3 whole eggs
120g fine oat flour
1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
- Separate the eggs, whites in one bowl and the yolks in another.
- Add the milk to the egg yolks, followed by the sieved flour and baking powder. Mix together to form a smooth batter which should be quite thick.
- Add the pinch of salt to the egg whites and then whisk until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold the batter into the whites being careful to mix well without knocking too much of the air out of them.
- Heat a non-stick pan (I find a small omelette pan a good size) over a medium heat and pour a 1/4 of the batter in.
- Fry for a couple of minutes until golden brown, turn and cook the other side until cooked through.
You can use a little cooking oil, my preference is groundnut or coconut oil. The recipe works well with other flours. I have tried it with gluten free flours and you still get good results.